Saturday, January 10, 2009

living in a house

sometimes i feel like i can't call this house a home. it feels more like a tense warzone than a loving place full of passion and caring. now, i know alot of houses aren't perfect and that alot of families are model families, but it's hard to not think they are when you live here.
i also know that alot of other people go through situations of much higher difficulty, and if they can survive that with huge hearts for others, then i have a whole lot of respect for them.

there are some things that people cannot deal with. such events that someone might lose it in public places when thinking about it some other time. i've seen some things i think that no one should have to see their family go through, and it's haunting me always. i try to not show that such things affect me so much, but i still find time in everyday to cry to myself. i used to be someone that would bottle everything up, and let things pile one on top of the other and then burst when the moment comes...i've been told just today that when i'm angry i'm "fucking scary". i laughed when i heard my friend say that, because i believe it's true. i hate getting angry and losing myself.
a coworker had called me the other day wanting a ride to work though i didn't work that day. on the same phone call she had told me about an earlier time that week, when a manager had mentioned that my shirt smelled bad. she knew that i don't have time to wash things when i'm working 8 days in a row, longs shifts normally. closing the store then working early the next day...it's hard. but while that manager was saying how i had smelled that one time, my coworker had done something that brought tears to my eyes. she had told the manager off and had mentioned that i go through alot of shit that no one should have to go through. the manager responded with "what could she possibly deal with? she's 18"
now, granted that i am just 18 years old, and my coworker is older than me, she had told our manager that she had the most respect for me out of anyone else she knew. she told her so much about my life that no one ever knows about that the manager was left there, jaw dropped and dangling, the only words to come out were, "damn. that's crazy". she mentioned how sometimes i go into work after a big dilema and sometimes even not having ANYTHING besides my work clothes that had already been in my car. she said that eventhough i go through so much shit, i still am at work, doing my best and working as hard as i can, and not showing that i'm dying inside and want to just sit down and cry. and though no one so far has any idea of what i'm dealing with, there's still some people that are there to listen, and let me just say my stuff to get it out.
i've always thought that i was alone and that there was no one beside me to help me through things...but i know now that there are quite a few people that care deeply about me and will always listen. and i am forever greatful to them.

No comments: