Wednesday, January 7, 2009

strange wednesday

this past wednesday was a reunion of sorts.
i'm up, but still laying down in my bed. i'm too tired to get up so i snooze a bit. in and out i'm snoozing for a while now. my mom comes in and turns out her 3rd husband (my second step-father who had left us a while ago and never contacted us) was coming over at noon. i knew the day would come that i would have to confront him again since my mother had told me about how they've been talking and seeing each other.
their story is that they've known each other since my mom was around 18, and were dating and not dating and then dating again and so on. they got married when my brother and i were young. they got divorced and it hurt alot; my brother and i thought of him as our father, since we had known nothing of the sorts before him. it affected us deeply always ever since. my mom can't talk to me about him because i'll start crying. i don't show her my emotions ever because i feel like it's showing weakness, but i can't help but seem weak when she's talking about him seeing us again.
when he arrived my mother made me play my cello in my room so it wasn't so tense in the house. he hardly looked the same, and i held in my tears for most of the time. after a while of talking and getting cameron up and talking with him too, jeffrey decided to tell us why he never saw us. also that he had been thinking about us all the time since the divorce, and right then the tears began to fall...it started with my mother, then my brother and i started at the same time..quietly, trying to make sure no one saw. eventually my tears became more and more and seemed so for my brother as well. after that we all went to hear cameron play the drums, and jeffrey had even got behind there and played a bit himself..it was so emotional to hear him play again.

after he left, there were problems. and, to not go into the craziness of my family, it ended up that when i was leaving for work/picking up meilin, my moms car was in the middle of the neighbors yard. i would go into it with more detail, but sometimes it's nice to let the imagination run.

No comments: